March 25, 1972
A used 1966 GMC Chassis with a 3,000 gallon water tank was purchased for $4,800. This replaced the 1951 Dodge which was turned over to the Village Wastewater Utility for hauling sludge.
December 14, 1976
Purchasing 15 pagers from Motorola was approved with dispatching to be done by the Ozaukee Sheriff's Department. The fire sirens in the village would now only be used for tornado warnings.
June 24, 1978
The new firehouse addition, two truck bays and a meeting room was dedicated along with a new Pierce 1,000 gallon per minute pumper - TeleSquirt. Cost of the 3,900 square foot addition was $125,230, and the Telesquirt cost $90,624. This date also saw the retirement of Chief Paul Meyer who, to date, has had the longest tenure as Chief of the Fredonia Fire Department, 25 years.
September 10, 1978
The department has purchased a 1967 Jeep 1 1/4 ton truck from the Federal Surplus program for $50 to aid in combating the growing number of grass fires in the community.
October 5, 1978
Fire broke out at Kenro Corp. factory on Wheeler Avenue. The ttwo story building was destroyed along with equipment and inventory. The fire, of unknown origin, caused an estimated $750,000 in damage. The department was on scene for 36 hours.
December 27, 1981
A day like no other in the history of the Fredonia Fire Department. At 4:30 p.m. the department was called out for a silo fire at the Mark Lubner farm. At 6:30 p.m. while still on scene at the silo fire, a call was received for a car accident at the corner of hwy 57 and cty hwy D. Then at 6:50 p.m. a fire broke out at the Claude Moseler home on N. Wilson Street. The only casualties of the day were three dogs and a bird in the house fire.
August 11, 1987
The department is replacing its 20 year old "Rescue Utility" and "Tanker" trucks. The new rescue truck, which has seating for nine, and built in generator and lighting systems cost $64,000. The tank truck cost $73,327. Both trucks being replaced were sold to other fire departments, with the "Tanker" being shipped to Idaho.
June 8, 1993
The 1967 Jeep Grass Truck was replaced with a 1993 Ford F-350 4 door. Cost $22,342
June 20, 1995
Due to the fact that Engine 661 was 30 years old, a new Pierce 1,500 gallon per minute pumper was put in to service. The new engine can safely seat six, has a 500 gallon water tank, and a 6500 watt generator. The Luverne pumper cost $3,500 in 1923. This pumper, 72 years later, cost $223,614.
January 2, 1998
A new Pierce TeleSquirt, manufactured in Appleton, WI, was put in to service replacing the 1978 fifty foot TeleSquirt. Purchase price for this piece of equipment was $339, 750. In addition to the 65 ft. ladder; the truck is equipped with a 1500 gpm pump, 500 gallon water tank, seating for six, and generator with 1500 watt quartz lights.